What happens after placing an order?
When you've successfully ordered and paid for a list, what happens next is:
- An Account is automatically created for you on MailmanLists' website.
- A Welcome to MailmanLists email (containing your Account sign-in details) is sent to you, along with receipts from MailmanLists and PayPal
- Your order is "Queued". (This is visible on your Account page under Status)
If you ordered a Regular List (a list using our domain name), it will be set up within 3 hours and activated.
- Your list's administration details are then emailed to you and your list is ready for use.
If you ordered a Pro List (a list using your own domain name), it will also be set up within 3 hours – however it will be waiting for you to add the required DNS records at your webhosting company. Some customers get that done quickly, while some require assistance so it can take a little longer.
Once the DNS records are showing up around the world, we can generate the SSL certificate and complete the order and then:
- Your list's administration details are emailed to you and your list is ready for use.
Note that for Pro Lists, your Account page will have the information required for the DNS records.