How we keep your personal data private
- The information about you that MailmanLists keeps is what you supply when you order a list – your name, email address, and the name of your organisation (if you gave it). MailmanLists uses this information to email you receipts, and notices regarding your list(s). Your email address becomes your sign-in identity to your account. These three pieces of information can changed by you at anytime via your account, or by us at your request.
- MailmanLists stores this information in Australia. Industry standard encryption and security practices, in accordance with the Australian Government's privacy and data protection regulations, are applied. The information you provide will not be shared – unless we are directed by Australian authorities. We will notify you if that happens.
- At anytime you can request that MailmanLists close your account. On such a request your information and your list(s) are permanently removed within 24 hours. Should your list hosting expire and not be renewed it will be closed – and then 30 days after its expiry, it will be permanently removed. If you have no other lists being hosted on the same account, your account will also be permanently removed at the same time.
- If you request technical support from MailmanLists, we may require access your list's Administration panel to resolve any problems. At times it is necessary for us to subscribe to your list, assume an Administrator role, or access your subscribers' email addresses. We will request permission from you before doing so. When you email MailmanLists (for technical support, or an enquiry), your email is kept for 30 days, then permanently deleted.
- Our list-servers' mail-logs record the ID number of messages posted to lists, when it was posted, and the email address of the sender. Bounces and errors are also logged. These log files are necessary for trouble-shooting should the need arise. They are over-written every 7 days.
- We keep anonymised web-server logs which record visits to List webpages and the MailmanLists website. Logged are: the visitor's anonymised IP address; date/time; from where; and the type of browser used. The last octet of a visitor's IP address is not logged – thus anonymising it. We do not use any tracking utilities such as Google Analytics.
- MailmanLists' mail-servers and list-servers transmit email using SSL/TLS encryption, however you should be aware that all email is susceptible to being intercepted and is inherently insecure.
- All lists hosted on MailmanLists' servers, using their own domain name (Pro lists), are assigned SSL certificates (and HTTPS applied) in order to secure information transmitted to-and-from lists' administration web pages. This also applies for lists using any one of our domain names (Regular lists).