Frequently asked questions
How does bounce processing work?
Automatic bounce processing is enforced on all lists.
- Each day that Mailman receives a bounced message, the bounce score of that particular address is increased by 1.
- When Mailman has received 5 bounces from an address. it will disable that address.
- After 7 days of not detecting a bounced message, Mailman will reset the bounce score.
- After a subscription is disabled, Mailman will send 3 warning messages then remove the address completely.
- Mailman will wait 7 days between sending each warning.
Bounce notification emails are sent automatically to list administrators.